by +Robert Wood , Dean of UNF Continuing Education
I can't believe that 2014 is over and we are embarking on 2015. The year flew by. It has been almost nine years since I first committed to serve as the Dean of UNF Continuing Education. We have had many accomplishments in those years, all made possible by the dedicated team of UNF Continuing Education who work long hours to provide life changing training programs for the people of Jacksonville and the entire Northeast Florida area. We are excited about the new year and are pleased with last year's accomplishments. Here are a few we wanted to share with you.
• LEARN Jacksonville continues to be the leading provider of personal enrichment training in Northeast Florida. We offered 216 courses last year and had 2369 registrations.
• Test Preparation continues to grow. Last year there were 22 courses serving 239 students.
• We had 86 executive education open enrollment students last year. The most of any year so far.
• The Center for Quality offered 24 classes with 169 registrations in 2014
• Osher Lifelong Learning Institute grew to 8529 registrations with 311 classes offered.
• UNF continues to be recognized as the top training leader in transportation and logistics education by AST&L.
• We received $800,000 in the Trade and Logistics Grant by CareerSource Florida and provided training to over 700 individuals and 12 companies from Tampa to Jacksonville.
• All together we offered 908 courses, had 13,843 registrations with a non-duplicated headcount of 6251 students.
Special thanks to our top corporate clients for choosing us for their training and consulting needs including: St Johns River Water Management District, Blount Island Command, Seaonus, RS&H, SAFT, KLS Martin, Grimes Companies, Crowley Maritime, Burris Logistics and PenserSC to name a few.
With 2014 behind us, we have our sights set on an even bigger 2015. Our goals include the following:
• Provide the International Modular Learning System in Supply Chain Management from The International Trade Center. This is an 18 module International Certification that major companies such as Wal-Mart have been utilizing in their supply chain areas. The course will be offered online as well as a classroom format. We have several companies already committed to participate.
• Grow LEARN, OLLI and our other personal and community interest programs.
• Develop and provide more online courses, such as Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, to keep up with demand.
• Expand our transportation and logistics programming into new geographic markets including Southeast Georgia and Southeast South Carolina.
• Manage another Trade and Logistics grant for the Northeast Florida area for about 10 companies totaling $500,000.
• Expand our sales and business development team to meet the demands of growing interests in professional development by local and national companies.
We are thrilled to be the regions number one provider of continuing education and customized training in Northeast Florida. But, most importantly, we are elated to help you grow personally and professionally.
From test preparation for your return to graduate school to taking the next step in your career certification, whatever your goals are this year, UNF Division of Continuing Education is here to assist.
On behalf of our entire team: Happy New Year!