Before
starting at UNF, I worked in the
legal field as a legal assistant and legal administrator, most recently in a
firm that handled disability cases. I have a bachelor’s degree in International
Relations (minored in Economics) from Florida International University in Miami
and I am currently a student here at UNF in the Masters of Public
Administration program. I’ve just started my 2nd year in the MPA
program, and I should be graduating in August 2016. My ultimate career goal
after graduation is to be in a management position within a public
organization.
Why did you want to work at
UNF Continuing Education?
I
was very excited about working for UNF Continuing Education because it’s an
awesome opportunity to gain valuable working experience for my MPA. The
Continuing Education department here at UNF is a great place to learn about the
State University System in Florida. Also, I love being able to provide a
service for our community. Continuing Education is such a wonderful service to
provide for the community, from the test prep for younger students all the way
to the OLLI program for seniors, and everything in between. It feels great to
be part of a team that makes such a positive difference in peoples’ lives!
How would you describe your
role at UNF Continuing Education?
I am
part of the Customer Care Team here in the Continuing Education department. My
primary role is to provide customer service to our current and future students,
including answering any questions they may have and helping them with course
registration. I also work on specific projects within the department as needed.
I’m here to help out with anything that someone in our department may need!
Anything else you want
us to share about you?
I
enjoy being involved in the community, so I do a lot of volunteer work. Most of
my volunteer work involves cultural events in and around the urban core area of
Jacksonville. I am now in my second year as a member of the board of directors
for GastroJax, Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that seeks to raise
awareness about our local food shed and culinary scene. We are primarily known
as the organizers of GastroFest 2015, a local food festival that was held in
Hemming Park this past March. We are now hard at work organizing GastroFest
2016, as well as other events that will educate the community about local food!

No comments:
Post a Comment